MOTTURA Pump Generation 1 with 6 code levers with separators between them. General reflexive spring that impacts all 6 code levers. Only one of those 6 is the leading one and we must first locate it. By rule it is in lever position 3 or 4!
1 step – finding the LEADING lever:
It can be determined visually very easily – in Gen 1 Mottura the leading lever is thicker than the others. Additionally its IT’S ALWAYS in position 3 or 4
2 step – Fixing the position of the LEADING lever:
After we have determined (by its thickness) which one, the 3rd or the 4th, is the leading lever, its time to determine in which code (depth) we must position it.
1. Release all handles – Unbutton them from the respective buttons 1-2-3-4-5-6 by pulling the buttons up. Push all handles towards the body of at maximum height – code 1 and insert into the lock
2. Depending which is the leading lever we observe only the one in question (after the tool is extracted from the lock)
Example: if its the 3rd lever
Rule: If handle 3 stops at height level 7, we move it to a height level of 3, if it is at a height of 6 move to a height of 1.
Example: if its the 4th lever
Rule: If handle 4 stops at height level 7, we move it to a height level of 3, if it is at a height of 6 move to a height of 1.
We fix (button down) the Leading handle into its position and do not touch it till the rest of the opening procedure! We also lock the other handles in the positions they are!
3 step – Opening procedure
- WIth all handles fixed (buttons pushed down) Insert the decoder till the end, give tension to the left or to the right, hold the tension and check the handles (ONE BY ONE) for free movement forward / about 0.5 mm/. (You skip the leading handle always, its already in the correct code).
Extract the tool after every try on each handle. Because the levers are connected with only 1 general spring, it must be released every time you try!
- You have two options – if the handle goes forward with approximately 0.5 mm it is ok and you do not touch it. If it doesn’t move and it stays rigid you must manipulate it. With Mottura Gen 1 it is IMPORTANT to extract the tool after every “touch” on each handle!
- Extract the tool. Release the handles (unbutton) the rigid ones with no movement and move their position with 1 to the top of the blade. Example: if it is was in position 7 we need to unlock it and to move it to code position 6 and then to lock it again. You repeat that procedure with all rigid ones with no movement forward. After you change their positions, lock all buttons and insert the tool again
- You repeat the procedure. And you touch them again one by one (you always skip the leading position handle). You manipulate only the ones that are rigid and have no movement! But you always check all of them as their state change accordingly
5. You repeat the same procedure until the lock is opened