- Prodecoder HU66 GEN 1 is a mechanical tool that opens very fast lock type HU66 Gen 1. In order to be successful with the opening, a specific procedure must be followed. Below in this description you will find General Video Instructions that show step by step the opening methodology. One of the greatest challenges that every user faces is how to distinguish between Gen 1 and Gen 2/6. For this reason we provide a tester key. The tester key has 3 main roles:
- Check if the lock is accessible (clean from the inside) – many of the HU66 Gen 1 locks are considered a bit old now – this is why the chance of the lock being very dirty and dusty from the inside is very high. The first thing the user should do, is make sure you can insert freely the decoder.
- Check if the lock is indeed Gen 1– the tester key will help you determine the lock type -Gen 1 or Gen 2/6
- Check the correct positioning- as this is a mechanical tool and not a key, it has a correct side and a wrong side. Thanks to the tester key you never have to wonder if the tool is positioned correctly.
- When the decoder is used according to the instructions, this can become an indispensable tool for every professional locksmith not only in the opening, but also in the decoding. After decoded, the user can make a duplicate key.
- Very easy to learn. Extremely durable.
- We test every tool for possible manufacturing mistakes.
- After your order is completed and the tool is dispatched (within 1-2 days usually) on your email you will receive a link with Video manual of the exact instrument (with a Serial number) you are going to purchase – This serves as a guarantee that the tool is working.
Instruction Video for Prodecoder HU66 GEN 1
How to use the Tester Key
In the description below you will find the brief instructions
Step 2. Check the lock accessibility by using the tester key. Watch the video with the tester key HERE
- Put the tester key inside the lock: if it does not stop on the Red dot, just reverse the key. The orientation of the red dot will be the orientation of your decoder
Step 3. Inserting Prodecoder into the lock
- Close the gate wheel / push it in /
- Turn the turbo wheel to the right
- Put the decoder inside the lock with a closed gate, and holding the gate wheel with points directed to the same side as the tester key pointed.
Step 4. Opening procedure
- The most important part is how strong your tension is (on the tension wheel). If its too weak – the lock won’t open or it will open very slow. If the tension is too strong – you may break the tool or risk of tool deformation.
- Turn the tension wheel to the LEFT (keep holding it) and then turn the turbo wheel to the left until you reach the 1st stop point (we have 1 2 3 4 stop points engraved on the the gate) and return the turbo wheel to the right in its original position.
- Turn the tension wheel to the RIGHT (keep holding it) and then turn the turbo wheel to the left until you reach the 1st stop point (we have 1 2 3 4 stop points engraved on the the gate) and return the turbo wheel to the right in its original position.
- Repeat this procedure 15-50 times on stop point 1, 15-20 on stop point 2 and 15-20 times of stop point 3 and on point 4. This is what we call “progressive opening”. Do not rush the tool, the point here is not to reach point 3.
- When the prodecoder is turned to the opening position, stay in this position and turn the turbo wheel to the stop point on the gate wheel (the opening point)
- Juggle a little bit
- Turn to the other side