About Prodecoder HU84
Prodecoder HU84 is a mechanical tool that can open very fast lock type HU84 (known as HU83R also). You can work straight on the ignition or on the door lock, it will manage them both. In order to be successful with the opening, a specific procedure must be followed.
Below in this description you will find General Video Instructions that shows step by step the opening methodology. One of the greatest challenges that every user faces is how to determine the wrong side of insertions from the right side of insertion. This step is also very easy, check out the video!
Prodecoder HU84 has been tested on MANY locks of different types before launching it on the market. It is strong, very compact, easy to use and very easy to learn. No tester key is needed as the decoder’s gate pops out when inserted in the wrong direction. This makes the procedure even easier.
When the decoder is used according to the instructions, this can become an indispensable tool for every professional locksmith not only in the opening, but also in the decoding. After decoded, the user can make a duplicate key. Very easy to learn. Extremely durable. We test every tool for possible manufacturing mistakes.
Brief Visual Instructions
Instruction Video for Prodecoder HU84
WD-40? Yes, it is important
Always apply WD40 before inserting the decoders in the locks. WD-40 loosens rust-to-metal bonds and frees stuck, frozen or rusted metal parts. With WD-40 you help the pins move inside the lock cylinder - this leads to better performance.
Three main wheels, 7 pins to reset
Step 1. Reset Procedure of Prodecoder HU84
- turn the turbo wheel to the right / back one with serial number /
- close the gate wheel by pushing it in
- reset the 7 pins by pushing them down to the maximum through the 4 holes on first side and 3 holes on the second side (7 holes in total) as shown in the picture
- all pins must be aligned, as the picture below
- Now your Prodecoder is ready for the lock opening
Step 2. Inserting Prodecoder into the lock
- Close the gate wheel / push it in /
- Turn the turbo wheel to the right
- Put the decoder inside the lock with a closed gate, and holding the gate wheel fully closed
Step 3. Correct Side or Wrong Side?
- Insert the decoder fully inside the lock.
- Push the back Turbo wheel
- If the Gate wheel pops out (watch the video) it is on the wrong side
- If the Gate wheel does not pop out, you are on the correct side
Step 4. Prodecoder HU84 Opening procedure
Make sure you have inserted the tool on the correct side
The most important part is how strong your tension is (on the tension wheel). If its too weak – the lock won’t open or it will open very slow. If the tension is too strong – you may break the tool or risk of tool deformation.
Turn the tension wheel to the LEFT (keep holding it) and then turn the turbo wheel to the left until you reach the 1st stop point (we have 1 2 3 stop points engraved on the the gate) and return the turbo wheel to the right in its original position.
Turn the tension wheel to the RIGHT (keep holding it) and then turn the turbo wheel to the left until you reach the 1st stop point (we have 1 2 3 stop points engraved on the the gate) and return the turbo wheel to the right in its original position
Repeat this procedure 15-50 times on stop point 1, 15-20 on stop point 2 and 15-20 times of stop point 3 . This is what we call “progressive opening”. Do not rush the tool, the point here is not to reach point 3.
When the prodecoder is turned to the opening position, stay in this position and turn the turbo wheel to the stop point on the gate wheel (the opening point)
Juggle a little bit
Turn to the other side